Why Retailers Should Shop for Rugged Mobile Computers and POS Terminals
Consumers are looking for a shopping experience that is quick, easy, and valuable. As a result, smart retailers are doing everything possible to shop for new technologies, specifically mobile computers and point of sale (POS) terminals, to add value to the brick-and-mortar shopping experience.
With these devices, retailers can effectively make sales to customers and ultimately provide more value. If you're a retailer working towards the overall success of your organization, here are the three main reasons why you should shop for rugged mobile computers and POS terminals:
When sales associates are equipped with rugged mobile computers and POS terminals, customers can "skip the line". In other words, they can make a purchase right from the sales floor without having to stand in an unnecessarily long line. Employees can not only reduce congestion at the checkout counter but also check out customers at the point of purchase.
In doing so, a retail store can improve its customer service. With more associates on the sales floor, more customers' questions can be answered. The goal is to provide customers with an in-store experience that is more valuable than shopping online.
2. Increased Sales
Every retailer’s target is to drive sales while providing a positive customer experience. Rugged mobile devices and POS terminals help retail professionals to reach this goal. For example, devices like bar-codes and RFID scanners let sales associates check stock and perform price look-ups. POS terminals, credit card readers and signature capture terminals enable transactions from anywhere in the store.
Equip your workers with these tools to ensure they have the necessary resources on hand to help any customer in your store. At the tap of a finger, they can receive payments from customers anywhere in the store.
Also, with these devices, your staff members can pull up inventory information, order an out-of-stock item, and allow the customer to choose whether they want an in-store or home address delivery, bringing flexibility to sales.
3. Improved Customer Service
Retailers can leverage their rugged mobile computers and POS terminals as a brand advocate or effective tool to increase the shopper’s experience. With these devices, not only will you have the resources on hand to avoid situations that result in angry and impatient customers; you’ll also be equipped to impress customers and ensure that they pay you another visit in the near future.
Some mobile POS devices allow employees to provide customers with more information, such as sizing charts, inventory availability, and shipment schedules. The more customers can make more personalized connections with sales associates, the better they can understand your mission, message, and products. You can help them establish an even stronger and better relationship with your brick-and-mortar store than when they shop online.
Besides, many customers might feel that waiting until they reach the checkout counter to ask their questions isn't worth waiting. So in cases where customers have questions, they won't have to wait until they get to the counter; they can simply ask a mobile employee. Overall, the increased attention sales associates can provide to customers makes their shopping experience easier, quicker, more enjoyable, and more valuable.
As a retailer, you can't afford to compromise when it comes to mobile devices. They are means by which your workers can confidently take the best action to keep customers happy, prevent losses, and protect revenue.
So, the next time you want to shop for consumer devices in your retail operations, first stop to consider relying on UROVO, the world's leading industry mobile application solution provider. UROVO provides IoT industrial digital solutions for customers in logistics, retail, finance, medical care, manufacturing, government, transportation, and other industries. The UROVO mobile computers and payment terminals allow each employee to access, enter, and process critical information on the go at the point of customer interaction.
How Can Urovo Help You?
Through its smart mobile computers, POS terminals, and smart printers, UROVO helps retailers to create an all-round digital operation ecosystem with the streamlined management of items, inventory, and sales. When you choose UROVO, you are investing in delighting your customers and maintaining your competitive edge in the retail industry.
The UROVO smart digital retail solutions can be employed in warehousing, logistics, supply chain management, in-store operations, point-of-sale transaction processing, home delivery, and order fulfillment. This solution can improve the operating efficiency of the entire process and view the entire process in real-time through digital technology.
Several major retailers have already chosen our digital retail solutions to boost the efficiency and revenue of their stores.
The UROVO Mobile Computers:
The UROVO Mobile Computer product line includes over nine outstanding examples of smart devices designed for maximum performance and durability. In particular, retailers can take a deeper look at the UROVO DT50 G5 and DT40.
● Why Choose the UROVO DT50?
The UROVO DT50 Mobile Computer at a glance:
● With a High-performance octa-core processor, Android 9.0 operating system, and up to 6+128 GB of memory
● Equipped with a Large 2.5D bezel-less display, full HD resolution, visible even under strong outdoor sunlight
● With a High-sensitivity touch screen for uninterrupted operation with gloves, wet hands, or a touch pen in any weather
● Provide with the multi-channel transmission, the message transmitted in a second
● Millisecond response for reading 1D/2D codes quickly in any circumstance
● Equipped with a 4300mAh replaceable battery that lasts 8-12h
● Supports quick charge to be fully charged within 3h
● Provide strong protection with the capability of dustproof, waterproof under 1m, and fall resistant under 1.5m
● With multiple versions available and multiple options of accessories
● Support NFC module
● Why Choose the UROVO DT40?
The UROVO DT40 Mobile Computer at a glance:
● Equipped with a 4’’ screen and full keypad for easier shortcut key operations
● Made for maximum durability with its IP67 sealing, waterproof and dustproof design
● Supports 802.11AC high-speed WiFi protocol, 802.11r fast roaming, and real-time voice multi-frequency band WiFi
● With an optimized speaker designed for indoor operation
● With a professional scan engine for millisecond reading of 1D/2D codes, even when poorly marked or damaged
● Features an octa-core high-performance processor and the latest Android 9.0 operating system
● With a large-capacity 4500mAh battery made to last for 8-10h whole-day operations
The UROVO POS Terminals:
Investing in reliable and efficient POS terminals should be a priority for every modern retail company to operate properly and facilitate a store’s necessary operations at the point of sale.
● Why Choose the UROVO i9000S?
The UROVO i9000S POS Terminal at a glance:
● Supports all payment channels, including contactless card payments, mobile payments, IC cards, magnetic stripe cards, and QR payments
● PayPass, PayWave, EMV, and PCI certified
● Equipped with a professional 1D/2D barcode scanning engine
● With a high-performance quad-core processor and Android 8.1 operating system
● Designed with an industrial high-strength 5” large display with a 720P HD resolution rate
● With a 30mm diameter compartment that supports fast thermal printing
● Fitted with a 5000mAh large-capacity battery and an intelligent power management system for an 8-10h operation time
● Meets industrial-grade 1.3 million anti-fall standards for optimal endurance
● Why Choose the UROVO i9100?
The UROVO i9100 POS Terminal at a glance:
● Supports a wide range of payment methods, including mobile payments, IC cards, contactless cards, magnetic stripe cards, QR payments, and more
● PayPass, PayWave, EMV, and PCI certified
● Equipped with a 40-mm diameter compartment that supports fast thermal printing
● Designed with a 5.5” large display with an HD resolution rate
● Fitted with a high-performance quad-core processor and Android 8.1 operating system
● Supports multiple Wireless connection methods, including 4G networks, dual-band WiFi, and low power-consumption Bluetooth
● With a 5200mAh large-capacity battery for long service time and expanded docking bases (USB HOST port and LAN port) to meet various demands
Contact us today to request more information about the UROVO smart retail solutions!