1. Manually checking tickets is inefficient and time consuming, resulting in long queues and poor customer satisfaction.
2. Lack of anti-counterfeiting performance precautions makes it easy to print fake tickets.
3. Lack of timely data capture renders it impossible to know the on-site status and adjust accordingly.
4. Printing paper tickets are a waste of resources.
1. Verification: Input current ticket codes and scan the codes on sold tickets to verify.
2. Ticket checks: Staff scans the tickets at the entrances with UROVO’s portable terminals. Scanning any fake or invalid ticket will provide an error response while customer can pass and corresponding data is recorded into the database for true entries.
3. Data statistics: query daily check-in data, and conduct data management, analysis and forecast.
1. Orderly and safe ticket-checking methods increases working efficiency and avoids manual errors.
2. A comprehensive and accurate database will be built to achieve informatization of ticket-checking data.
3. Available resources are maximized to reduce costs.
4. Increased transparency where machine is more reliable and convincing that manual methods reduces customer disputes.