Shanghai M&G Chenguang Stationery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is the top stationery company in China with more than 38% market share. Products include pens, erasers, glue, drawing materials, schoolbags, markers, highlighters, mechanical pencils, notebooks, correction fluid, oil pastels, sticky notes, pencil leads, and pen refills. Since 1997, Chenguang has been committed to providing comfortable, fun, environmentally friendly and cost-effective stationery to their consumers. They implement energy-saving and environmentally friendly materials and manufacturing methods to play their part in the global environmental protection cause and circular economy.
1. Wide variety of goods at scattered locations resulted in poor management of assets and significant losses.
2. Manual transcription of inventory assets was inefficient and contained numerous errors. This resulted in a mismatch of information between records and actual inventory.
3. Large time and effort required to count products by category and model to do the statistical data transcription. This increased the inventory work intensity, rise in inventory pressure and management costs.
Chenguang needed a comprehensive solution which could strengthen asset management, improve efficiency and guard against data loss.
1. Scan barcode using PDA to record product information.
2. Planned inventory: Plans are loaded automatically into the PDA. Workers select the plan that they are going to check stock, count items and update PDA accordingly.
3. Unplanned inventory: Stock has entered but no inventory plan for those goods have been scheduled. Workers will begin counting items directly. All scanned data is sent to the background to be compared with the variance report and background statistics.
1. Scanning barcodes to record product information significantly increased recording speed, convenience and reduced errors made.
2. Established a complete, reliable and efficient dynamic data of fixed assets for decision-making basis of commodity management. This reduced idle waste and unnecessary losses.
3. Achieved automatic docking data, digitization of information and a paperless inventory. Recording information digitally and directly storing them on the cloud through using wireless data synchronization technology provided easy access of up-to-date information, especially to staff working in headquarters.
4. Streamline workflows, reduced degree of operational complexity and standardized management of assets.
Terminal Model: i6100s